Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

    Pick up only. Less than 2 days to go and still $20. If someone doesn't bid I will. PMS me if you want me to not bid.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

    I got them. Coudn't help myself at the price.

    What to do with them? Maybe de-rib and experiment with damping, exit damping.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

    Cool. You should have fun.

    I don't know why folks d-erib, tho. They aren't really a problem.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

    My second pair. I think they will sit around for some time.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Pr 511Bs Melbourne, Australia.

    De-ribbing doesn't improve them, and ruins their value for resale..

    adding mass is the key IMHO...last pair I had I mounted in boxes then poured plaster into them...crude but effective..

    Most of the artifacts generated by horn resonances emanate from the bell...so I just stood them on their fronts and poured in a couple gallons, not totally filling the box,,,this concentrates all the mass at the front...a support bracket for the driver stiffens things and helps too...

    Plaster can be broken up when unwanted...and it's pretty earth friendly in a landfill...or even a low spot in your yard..
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.